Donna M. Bennett
My leadership, consulting, and coaching roles in business, academia, and nonprofits have cultivated my passion for guiding others to realize their fullest potential. As a Personal and Professional Development coach, I contract with individuals who seek personal career development at the key transitional stages of their careers. I will work closely with you to help you achieve your goals by identifying:
● The core strengths that give you the greatest sense of fulfillment.
● The core values that you want acknowledged and respected in the workplace and that align with your career and life decisions.
● Aspirations that are realistic to attain and manage, building on who you are and what you have accomplished.
● Internal and external barriers that pop up in times of change
● The tools and strategies you need to help you stay accountable to what you seek to achieve.
FREE 30-MINUTE CONSULTATION
In addition to having over 30 years of experience as a Career Counselor and Personal and Professional Development Coach, Donna has held positions of leadership in corporate, academic and nonprofit organizations. She is also a published author and actively involved in her community.
● Is 65 the New 25? (2014) a book for the new generation of retirees.
● When You Lose Your Job (2005) a book that helps people navigate through the transition and stages of job loss.
● Expressions of the Heart (2008) featuring Donna’s original artwork.
● University of Minnesota Wellness Works Magazine, Spring 2007.
● University of Minnesota Wellness Works Magazine, Spring 2009.
Ideal connections for me are:
● Professionals who are stuck in their careers, seeking something new, and/or who are returning to the workplace to resume careers.
● Solo practitioners at a crossroads in their practices who want to assess their strengths and styles to make their careers more personally satisfying and productive.
● Individuals/groups nearing retirement, ready to plan their transition to post-career life.
● Career Development Coaching
● Standardized Career Assessment
● Customized Career Assessment
● Post-Career Transition Coaching
● Leadership Assessment and Coaching
Donna has frequently been invited to speak on the topics of leadership, professional development, career and life transitions.
Her expertise and guidance also includes teaching a Master’s level course on leadership for the College of Liberal Studies, at the University of Minnesota.
In the Community
Minnesota Career Development Association (MCDA)
Donna’s commitment to the community includes over 15 years as an active member of MCDA. She served 8 years as a board trustee and is the 2019 President.
Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute (CKRI)
Donna served on the Connect With Courage Kenny Committee as advisor to the Director of Volunteer Services from 2014-2018. She continues to serve on the EMPOWER scholarship committee, selecting qualified candidates seeking studies and careers in the field of rehabilitation healthcare.
The Minnesota Career Development Association awarded Donna the “Marty Dockman Merit Award” in recognition of the originality, timeliness, and enduring value of her contributions to the field of career development.
Donna has been interviewed and acknowledged for her professional expertise by a variety of media including the StarTribune, Pioneer Press, Kare11 TV, Minnesota Public Radio, and WCCO Radio.